Sunday, February 27, 2011

BELLATOR NEWS: Raphael Davis completes season four light heavyweight tournament field

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Logo_Bellator_150_243.jpg
Bellator Fighting Championships has filled up the field for their first ever light heavyweight tournament, as they announced late Friday the addition of Raphael Davis as the eighth and final participant.

Davis has competed twice previously for Bellator and brings a nine fight win streak into this tournament field. He brings a record of 10-1 overall into the tournament.

"Raphael's been with us for a while now. Last year he sat with me at the Hard Rock and said that 'all he wanted was the chance to compete in a World Title Tournament,' and I'm thrilled that we are able to provide him that opportunity," said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney.

"I've been waiting for so long for this Bellator Light Heavyweight Tournament to finally happen," said Davis. "I've been seeing all of these other champions get their belts put on them after their fights and I want one of those belts for myself. That has always been my goal ever since I first started fighting - I just want to win a belt. I want to be a world champion. Now I'm just really excited to finally have that chance."

Davis joins Daniel Gracie, Nik Fekete, Chris Davis, D.J. Linderman, Tim Carpenter, Christian M?Pumbu, and Richard Hale in the field, which will air throughout season four beginning in March, airing Saturdays on MTV2.

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/Bellator/article_8590.shtml

Stephan Bonnar Lorenzo Borgomeo  Kyle Bradley  Jai Bradney 

No comments:

Post a Comment