Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Brian Bowles Talks Return After Spending Year On The Couch w/ Injuries

Former Bantamweight Champion Brian Bowles will return to action for the first time in year at UFC on Versus 3 this week when he takes on Damacio Page in his first bout under the new UFC banner and talked this week with <a href=http://www.MMAFighting.com>MMAFighting.com</a> about his time on the sidelines and what he expects to see when he steps foot in the cage:<Br><Br>

"I've been sitting on the couch for the past year. I'm excited to get back in the cage ? especially in the UFC. It's something I've been waiting on to happen. I really feel like I just need a win and to stay healthy. Domination, if it happens, will be icing on the cake. But right now I'm just focused on staying healthy and the win. The division's gotten tougher. It kind of evolved while I was out. A lot of people surpassed me ? their careers just kept going on, and mine was just on hold. And I think it just got tougher. And I think now that (bantamweight) is in the UFC, people are going to start dropping down. It's just getting better and better. Peoples' careers have evolved. They're more relevant than me ? some of them have fought two or three times since I've been out. People kind of forgot about me. I just have to go out there and get a win and remind them that I'm here and that I perform well."

Source: http://www.mmanews.com/home.php

Bao Ligao  Josh Barnett  David Baron  Phil Baroni

No comments:

Post a Comment